Gilbarco Warranty Travel Policy Changes – Effective November 16, 2015
Gilbarco Warranty Travel Policy Changes – Â Effective November 16, 2015
Attn: NEE Service Managers and DSS Subcontractors
Effective November 16 there will be changes to the Gilbarco warranty travel policy. This policy supersedes the existing policy put in place in August of this year, but note that it does NOT affect policies for emergency, hazardous, priority or after-hours/weekend/holiday onsite calls.
Claims agents will now use the attached chart to assess travel and kilometers submitted on a warranty claim. These are the steps:
- If the travel time and kilometers are on the same row it does not require further assessment, and the travel claim will be approved
- If the travel time and kilometers are NOT on the same row BUT a reasonable explanation has been provided (for example, a traffic delay or inclement weather), the travel claim will be approved
- If the travel time and kilometers are NOT on the same row of the chart and NO reasonable explanation has been provided, the claim will be flagged as ‘Service Confirm’. At this point the claim will require further details from the service partner before any further assessment can be done
- A claim may be flagged as ‘Service Confirm’ only twice, if the required details are not provided to the claims agents after two requests the agents will then process the claim using values from Google Maps
Please read through the attached memo from Gilbarco which outlines the changes in more detail, and provides the required approval forms. Please pay particular attention to the chart at the bottom of the memo.
To summarize the parameters for round-trip qualification and travel pre-approval:
- There is no round-trip for travel less than 240 KM
- The service partner must request travel pre-approval if travel is round-trip and is more than 240KM
- No travel pre-approval is required if travel is less than 640KM one-way
- Travel pre-approval must be requested if the travel (one-way or round-trip) is more than 640KM
**Do NOT begin travel to a site requiring pre-approval UNTIL that pre-approval is confirmed by Gilbarco. Emergency calls do NOT require pre-approval**
Please contact your local NEE service office if you have any questions or concerns.